Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Son Two!

Happy Birthday, My Gentle Balinese Warrior.

Eleven years ago, a beautiful little boy came into our lives, and the world. And instead of announcing his arrival with the traditional newborn's cry, he looked up at the awestruck adults encircling him and began laughing. Today, D's unique take on things--along with his gentle nature and abundant love for living creatures of the two, four, and multi-legged varieties--continues to bring joy into the lives of everyone he encounters. Not a day goes by in which he doesn't squeeze the air out of me with one of his trademark hugs, after which I'll think to myself for the umpteenth time how very blessed I am to be his mother.

Many Happy Returns, my Darling D. Your Daddy and I are enormously proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment